I am currently thinking about what to do next with LittleKnitter. I have a couple of ideas but I would like to know which features people actually *want*. Thus, if you want to influence the development of LittleKnitter please vote below. I will monitor the results over the next two weeks and then start working on whatever it is that most people voted for. If all goes well the next release should be out before Christmas .
New version! Improvements:
- Axes. They can show stitches/rows or a freely adjustable measure (like inch or cm). Also they look really nice .
- Key navigation. Drawing a pattern should not require any touch interaction anymore (still possible of course). This should help on small screens.
- The current position in knit mode is now (finally) saved together with the pattern.
- Some small ui cleanups.
A note – 1.4 had a serious bug (shouldn’t upload any releases at 3am anymore…) therefore I immediately pulled it again. Those who already downloaded it should upgrade to 1.4.1.
LittleKnitter 1.3 is now available for download. Lots of changes:
- This version finally supports loading and saving of patterns.
- In knit mode direction (up/down, left/right) can be adjusted.
- There is now a help screen.
The second big change is that people can now support development of LittleKnitter by buying LittleKnitter GCE (good conscience edition ). I see this more as a voluntary contribution than a payment, therefore there will still be a free version (albeit with an annoying nag screen on startup) with roughly the same features as the paid version (although I probably will push out bug fixes more frequently in GCE).
I just published the next version of LittleKnitter (1.2).
In this version:
- Complete UI redesign. The screen now looks a lot less cluttered and there is more space for the pattern area. This version should now also work on screens with a smaller resolution.
- Orientation change and focus loss should NOT erase the pattern anymore .
Next up is file load, save and export…
I have been asked to take over development of LittleKnitter from the previous author. I am not sure what to do with it, but probably I will keep the old version as a free demo and sell a new and improved version on marketplace. Expect more news soon.